Key stage one
Education and museums go hand-in-hand, at the Brunel Museum we can help your group explore Brunel’s life and legacy using original artefacts, documents, photographs, posters and film to bring history to life.
The Brunel Museum offers formal and informal sessions about Isambard Kingdom Brunel ‘the man who changed the world’, including workshops, outreach sessions and guided boat trips. Discover why he is called the man who changed the world: who changed the shape of our cities and how we live, who even changed time and joined continents together.
Links to the Curriculum
- Speaking and Listening Skills
- Questioning skills
- Reading and writing
- Investigating our local area
- Investigating how things are made by taking them apart
- Designing and making books
- Dress up like Brunel or a Victorian lady and learn about manners in the past.
- The workshop will also involve singing.
- The lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.